- 1 You May also Like
- 2 STEPS TO GET DIAMOND MARK PERMIT IN KENYA
- 3 How to Obtain a Diamond Export Permit in Kenya
A person working in Real Estate in Kenya typically earns around 166,000 KES per month. Salaries range from 61,200 KES (lowest average) to 284,000 KES (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). let us see How to Apply for a Real Estate Broker Certificate in Kenya
Procedure on How to Apply for a Real Estate Broker Certificate in Kenya
- You should start your application process by first visiting the Estate Agents Registration Board offices in Arthi House where you can purchase the application form for Ksh. 1000 to fill and submit.
- You can also download the Application for Registration as an Estate Agent – Form 1 from the Estate Agents Registration Board’s Website.
- Please note that if, you download the form online you will still be required to pay the Ksh. 1,000 form fee as you return them.
- Present your receipt as evidence of payment if you have already paid for the forms.
- Submit the completed application form together with all the required documents to the Estate Agents Registration Board offices. This documents include:
(i). Passport size photograph to attach to the form.
(ii). Curriculum Vitae.
(iv). Letter of recommendation from a registered and practicing Estate agent who has trained you.
(v). Certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police.
(vi). Photocopy of your identification card.
(vii).Copy of application forms receipt.
- Once you submit the application documents, the board will vet your application and after a period of one week you will receive a call to pick up a letter to inviting you (the applicant) to attend an interview with the Estate Agents Registration Board.
- You are supposed to make a payment of Ksh. 3000 upon the receipt of the invitation letter.
- Attend the interview with the Estate Agents Registration Board at their offices
- Upon a successful interview your name will be entered in a register maintained by the board and you will be contacted by the Estate Agents Registration Board after a period of three weeks to collect your real-estate broker certificate.
- The certificate is valid for one year and should be renewed every year.
- Passport size photograph to attach to the form.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Educational Certificates
- Copy of your Identity Card or birth certificate
- Certified copy of certificate of Registration (for Limited Liability Company, Partnership and Sole Proprietorship)
- Letter of recommendation from a Registered and Practising Estate Agent who has trained you.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Copy of Interview Payment Receipt.
Office Locations & Contacts
Estate Agents Registration Board,
P.O Box 30089- 00100
Email: info@ estateagentsboard.or.ke
Website: Estate Agents Registration Board Website
- A person who is a citizen of Kenya shall be entitled, on making an application to the Board in the prescribed form and on payment to the Board of the prescribed fee, to be registered under and to have his name entered in the boards register if has qualifications as a Surveyors and has specialised in Valuation and Estate Management Surveyors, Building Surveyors and Land Management Surveyors.
- Application fees of Ksh 1,000/=
- EARB interview fees of Ksh. 3,000/= paid upon receipt of a letter inviting a candidate to attend interview.
- The validity period is one year.
Documents to Use
- It takes 21 days for the application for to be completed.
- Buy the application form.
- Pay application fees.
- Submit the application form with all required documents.
- Pick up invitation for interview letter and pay for the interview fee
- Obtain certificate after 21 days.
- Full names of applicant
- Physical and Postal address of applicant.
- Telephone number and E-mail address of applicant.
- Nationality and Citizenship of applicant
- Educational particulars (Secondary schools, Colleges or Universities Attended)
- Membership of Professional Institutions registered.
- Work experience and employment information.
- Practice in estate agency.
- Names and addresses of all other business practices you are currently involved in.
- Criminal history
Need for the Document
- In Kenya one need to obtain a certificate of registration to practices as a real estate broker.
Information which might help
- Where the name of a person is entered in the register, the registrar shall issue to him a certificate of registration in such form as the Board may prescribe and the certificate shall remain the property of the Board
- The certificate remains the property of the board.