- 1 You May also Like
- 2 STEPS TO GET DIAMOND MARK PERMIT IN KENYA
- 3 How to Obtain a Diamond Export Permit in Kenya
Accreditation is the process whereby construction workers who meet the basic requirements for practicing their trades are licensed accordingly under the NCA Act. Full accreditation is given to workers who have attained formal technical training, whereby provisional accreditation is given to workers with industry experience and the necessary referrals. This is a guide on Apply for Full Accreditation as a Construction Workers and Site Supervisor with the NCA
- Application for full accreditation as a construction workers and site supervisor is simple and can be done by visiting the NCA offices or Huduma Center to make the application
- Here you will be given an application form which you have to fill and submit. The application form can also be obtained online from the NCA Website or from this link Form For Accreditation Of Construction Workers And Site Supervisors
- Fill in the application form as instructed by the NCA Officer.
- Submit duly filled form accompanied by copies of the documents you are required to present. These required documents are mentioned in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Upon submission, the details you have provided are assessed and verified and if approved you are notified via text message through contact number that you provided.
- Pay accreditation fee applicable depeneding on the nature of your application and obtain and retain the receipt.
- You will be contacted to pick certificate of accreditation from their office.
Apply Online – Accreditation as a Construction Workers and Site Supervisor
- To make an application for accreditation as a construction worker and site supervisor you need to visit the National Constructions Authority’s Website to make the application.
- On the given website, please select “Full Accreditation” under “Construction Workers” in the menu to go to the next page.
- In this page click on “Accreditation Portal” under menu “Quick Links” which will direct you to the login page.
- Click on “Register” and create an account by filling in the requested information in each field.
- Log into your account with the National ID/ Passport number and password used during the registration process.
- Once you have logged in click on the “New application” tab then click on “Accreditation”.
- Make sure you have all the required documents needed for Accreditation. You can check this by clicking on the required documents section on the page. Submit the information and documentation.
- After submission of the online accreditation application, an invoice will be sent to your email address used during registration with the amount to be paid and mode of payment. You will receive a text message notifying you of the sent invoice, and this will be sent via the phone number used during registration.
- Make the payment required.
- In your account, you will be required to key in the Bank Slip Transaction Number or the M-Pesa Transaction Number after payment.
- After this processing of your registration will begin.
- After a successful application, a full accreditation certificate will be auto-generated in your online portal. Subsequently, your certificate of registration is processed and can be picked at their office.
Before you proceed, ensure you have the following:
- Technical certificates from an accredited training institution
- A NITA trade Test (Grade Three and above)
- Copy of National Identification Card (to attach)
- Passport size photograph (to attach)
Office Locations & Contacts
National Construction Authority.
9th Floor, KCB Towers
Kenya Road, Upper Hill Area
Tel: +254 709 126 102/172/173
- Persons who have attained formal technical training .Individuals with a (National Industrial Training Authority) NITA trade test qualification
- Above 18 years of age
- The application is Kshs. 1,000 for a period of three years for construction workers
- The application is Kshs. 2,000 for a period of three years for site supervisors.
- Payment can be made through Mpesa Pay Bill No. 522524 – Account No. 1136368019,
- Kenya Commercial Bank, Milimani Branch Account No. 1136368019.
- The validity is for three years and can be renewed for a similar period.
Documents to Use
- All applications for accreditation can be made both in person and online.
- Fill in the application form and submit it together with the required documents to the NCA offices/ portal.
- Full names of applicant
- Physical and postal address
- ID/Passport number
- Academic and professional qualifications
- the class you are applying for (skilled worker or site supervisor) and the trade you are applying for e.g. Mason, Carpenter, Plumber Etc.
- Work experience. i.e. Contractors you have worked for.
- Professionals who have supervised you, e.g. Architects, Quantity surveyors, Engineers etc.
- Training institutions where you were trained in or
- Institutional developers e.g. Schools, churches
- Formal training
Need for the Document
- Accredited skilled construction workers and construction sites supervisors have an advantage in the job market for most contractors want accredited construction workers to work in their firms.
- Accreditation also shows that an individual has under gone all the necessary training needed.
- The register of construction workers is one of the three professional registers established by NCA as prescribed under the Act. Accreditation is a critical process towards the coordination and development of the industry, creating accountability and ensuring professional standards are upheld and maintained.
Information which might help
- Registration of construction workers helps to ensure that all individuals undertaking various trades are qualified fostering high professional standards and accountability in a bid to protect consumers against poor workmanship and disregard for laid down procedures and regulations.
A. SKILLED CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
- Evidence of Technical qualifications ( technical qualification automatically qualifies one to be a skilled construction worker)
- Duties performed in undertaken projects
- Refereed experience ( provide recommendation for one of the referees above)
B. CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERVISORS
- Evidence of technical qualifications.
- Duties performed which must be under the class applied for ( site supervisors must have worked as skilled workers before)
- Refereed experience ( provide recommendation from one of the referees above stating you have worked as a site supervisor before)
- In addition to accreditation, the Authority has an annual training programme for construction workers, which incorporates both practical and classroom elements, aimed at building capacity.