- 1 You May also Like
- 2 Bungoma County
- 3 How to Obtain a Death Certificate in Kenya
This section will help you find information on benefits and grants that you may be eligible for as a member (or relative of a deceased member) of NSSF. How to Apply for Invalidity Benefits NSSF It will also provide you with the information you need on how to apply for the benefits and grants to which you are entitled.
Anyone wishing to apply for benefits/grants should first carefully review the information provided regarding eligibility criteria and application requirements for the benefit/grant for which he/she is applying.
Thereafter, the member/claimant should complete the relevant application form and submit it (in person) to his/her nearest branch office. Applications forms are available online and in all NSSF branch offices.
This benefit is paid to:
- Members who are certified to be permanently incapable of working because of physical or mental disability.
- Members who are at least 50 years of age and suffer from a partial incapacity of a permanent nature that prevents them from undertaking employment.
How to apply: Visit your nearest NSSF office with the following documents:
- NSSF Membership Card
- National Identity Card/ Passport/ Alien ID.
- A certified copy of your retirement letter OR termination letter on medical grounds.
- Medical/treatment report from the hospital you attend(ed).
- Bank details for EFT.
You will be issued with the appropriate application forms and advised on the steps to take in order to complete the benefits application. * NOTE: You will be examined for confirmation of your invalidity by the Fund’s appointed doctor after completion and submission of the form.
Complete the application for Invalidity Benefit application form and return it to the NSSF Office or Huduma Centers most convenient to you. There, customer service representatives will accept your claim for processing. You must provide the required documents for your application to be completed.
- Medical Certificate from director of medical services
- Completed application form
Office Locations & Contacts
National Social Security Fund (HQ)
P.O. Box 30599 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
NSSF Building, Bishops Rd
Main Line: (020) 2729911, 2710552
Toll Free: 0800 2212744
For mentally or physically challenged citizens
No age limit
Fees to Apply for Invalidity Benefits NSSF
A member is entitled to invalidity pension if he/she suffers physical or mental disability of a permanent nature as certified by a medical board established under the Act and has made at least 36 monthly contributions immediately preceding the date of invalidity.
Location Where Service Is Provided: Any NSSF Office or Huduma Centres
- National identity card number
- Full names
- Kenya Revenue authority PIN
- Place of employment
- Address of employer
- Date of birth
- Physical address of applicant
- Details of next of Kin (Name and ID number or Birth Certificate)
Need for the Document
Invalidity benefit is a social security benefit payable to those who are incapable of work because of illness or disability.
Invalidity Benefit is paid to an insured person who is medically certified as an invalid and who has made the required number of contributions to the system.
An invalid is a person who is likely to remain incapable of working for a period of not less than 12 months as a result of a specific disease or bodily or mental disablement.
Information which might help
Invalidity Pension is a payment for insured people who are permanently incapable of work because of an illness or incapacity. To qualify you must:
- Have been incapable of work for at least 12 months and be likely to be incapable of work for at least another 12 months (you will probably have been getting Illness Benefit or Disability Allowance during that time), or
- Be permanently incapable of work (in certain cases of very serious illness or disability, you can transfer directly from another social welfare payment or from your job to Invalidity Pension).
A deciding officer of the National Social Security Fund will examine your claim and determine your entitlement based on the qualifying conditions outlined above.
Invalidity Benefit is paid to a contributing member who has lost his/ her earning capacity due to physical or mental incapacitation as will be certified by a medical doctor.
Ministry of Labour (http://www.labour.go.ke) provides general supervision through a board of trustees.
National Social Security Fund administers the program.