To operate an M-Pesa shop as an agent, one is required to have a registered limited company in business for at least 6 months and have at least 3 outlets ready to offer MPESA services.
Minimum investment for an MPESA outlet is 100,000 shillings float.
One will also need to provide Safaricom with business permits for each of the MPESA outlets, VAT and tax certificates, ID’s, banking license from a reputable financial institution and police clearance certificates.
Once the forms have been submitted and met all the requirements, one will be given a till number that they will use.
Our Agents are nationwide and ready to make your Safaricom experience satisfying.
Select your region below to view or download the list of Agents:
View Our Country Wide Directory
How to Become an M-PESA Agent
If you want to become an M-PESA Agent you are free to apply. There are some basic requirements that you must meet for your application to be successful.
Please click on the links below for more information and the relevant application forms.
- M-PESA Agent Requirements
- M-PESA Agent Store Application Form
- The Kenya Police Certificate of Good Conduct Application
Send and receive money hassle-free at our MPesa Agent outlets.
Currently there are over 160,000 agents countrywide ready to serve you wherever you are. Many more new outlets being added daily.
M-PESA Agent’s key tasks are:
- Registration of M-PESA Customers
- Depositing cash into registered customers M-PESA accounts
- Processing cash withdrawals for registered M-PESA customers
- Processing cash withdrawals for non-registered M-PESA customers
- Customer Education
- Compliance with Safaricom AML & KYC Policy
- Compliance with Safaricom business practices
- Branding of their outlets as per provided guidelines
M-PESA Agents include:
- Safaricom authorized dealers, operating one or more outlets around Kenya
- Other retailers with a substantial distribution network like petrol stations, distributors, supermarkets and registered SMEs
- Selected Banks and Micro-Finance Institutions