- 1 You May also Like
- 2 How to Obtain a Death Certificate in Kenya
How to Obtain a Burial Permit in Kenya
- 3.0.1 Required Documents
- 3.0.2 Office Locations & Contacts
- 3.0.3 Eligibility
- 3.0.4 Fees
- 3.0.5 Validity
- 3.0.6 Documents to Use
- 3.0.7 Processing Time
- 3.0.8 Required Information
- 3.0.9 Need for the Document – De-register a Community Based Organisation
- 3.0.10 Information which might help
- 3.0.11 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
To deregister a community based organization (CBO) one has to make an application with the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection. Here is How to De-register a Community Based Organisation (CBO) in Kenya
Step 1 : Hold a meeting seeking deregistration of the CBO members
- Prepare the minutes of the meeting seeking deregistration of the CBO , this should be endorsed by at least 2/3 of the members.
Step 2 : Application for replacement with the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection
- Visit the either Sub-county’s labour and social protection offices, Sub-county’s Public Service or Huduma centre , in your respective sub-county to make the application with the respective officer.
- Here you will be given an DEREGISTRATION FORM FOR A COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATION to fill and submit.
- Fill the Registration Form and attach the following REQUIREMENTS:
i. Official letter from the CBO.ii. Original certificate.iii. Minutes from CBO with reasons of deregistration signed not less than two thirds of the members.iv. List of Members names, ID Nos and Signature.
Step 3: Obtain the Acknowledgment of Deregistration
- It takes one day to be deregistered. If approved, an acknowledgment of deregistration is issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection Office
- Official letter from the CBO where applicable.
- Returns of original certificate to registration authority.
- Minutes from CBO with reasons of deregistration signed not less than two thirds of the members.
- List of Members names, ID Nos and Signature..
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Labour and Social Protection,
State Department for Social Protection,
Bishops Road, Social Security House
P.O. Box 40326 – 00100, Nairobi
Telephone: +254 (0) 2729800
Fax: +254 020 2726497
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Ministry of Labour and Social Protection Website
- Registered CBO with a valid certificate of registration and wants to stop its operations.
- The application is free of charge
- The deregistration is valid forever.
Documents to Use
- A sample of the document can be downloaded through the following link: DEREGISTRATION FORM FOR A COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATION
- 1 working day if everything is in order
- Certificate of registration number
- Name of the Group
- Names of Members
- Proof of Identity for each member
- Mission and objectives of the Group
- Reason for deregistration
Need for the Document – De-register a Community Based Organisation
- The de- registration officially removes the CBO from formal recognition and listing in the government records.
Information which might help
- A CBO should be de-registered in the Sub-county it resides .The de-registration offices are located in all sub-counties in the country around the country.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Legally de-registering of the CBO gives the CBO legal protection from future obligations in its name.br> De-register a Community Based Organisation