- 1 You May also Like
- 2 License application to Make a Film /Take Commercial Still Photograph in Kenya
- 3 How to Apply for Animal Registration permit in Kenya
1.Applicants start by visiting the offices of the Minister for Interior to find out the procedure and requirements for obtaining a movement certificate in the country. Such information may also be obtained from Kenya diplomatic missions abroad (Kenya embassies, consulate offices and high commissions in foreign countries), contact addresses of these can be obtained by visiting http://www.kenyarep-jp.com/visa/form/Entry_permit_application_form.pdf/, and at http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/kenya; How to Obtain a Certificate of Movement in Kenya
2.Thereafter prepare all the required documents and make copies of the same;
3.Obtain an application form from the ministry of interior and fill it carefully and accurately and make any necessary;
- Valid passport
- Full names,
- Place of birth
- Movement certificate,
- List of items
- Exporter forms
- Manufactures Goods Report
- Valid police clearance
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry Of Transport
Transcom House, Ngong Road
P.O. Box 52692, Nairobi
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.transport.go.keMinistry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Old Treasury Building, Harambee Avenue
P.O Box 30551 00100 G.P.O
Tel: +254 20 318888
Website: http://www.mfa.go.keMinistry of industrialization and Enterprise
Social Security House, Block A, 17th, 23rd Floor
P.O. Box 30418-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254 20-2731531
Fax: +254 20-2731511
- A foreign who wishes to stay in the country for a given period of time.
- A person who is offered specific employment by a specific employer who is qualified to undertake that employment,and whose engagement in that employment will be of benefit to Kenya is Eligible for Certificate of Movement.
- A person who is offered specific employment by the Government of Kenya, the East African Community or any other person or authority under the control of the Government or the Community, and whose engagement in that employment will be of benefit to Kenya.
- A person who is offered specific employment under an approved technical aid scheme under the United Nations Organization.
- A person, being the holder of a dependants pass , who is offered specific employment by specific employer, whose engagement in that employment will be of benefit to Kenya.
- A person who is a member of a missionary society approved by the Government of Kenya, and whose presence in Kenya will be of benefit to Kenya.
- A person who intends to engage, whether alone or in partnership, in the business of agriculture or animal husbandry in Kenya, and who:
(a) has acquired, or has received, all permission that may be necessary in order to acquire an interest in land of sufficient size and suitability for the purpose, and(b) has in his own right and at his full and free disposition sufficient capital and other resources for the purpose, and whose engagement in that business will be of benefit to Kenya.
The applicant should pay (100) Ksh. for Police stamp fee.
The certificate is valid for 1 financial year.
The certificate is issued on the following day if the application is submitted to a governmental department and within seven days if it is submitted to an embassy.
1.The applicant must have a valid passport with valid Kenya visa placed in it;
2.Applicants must be aware and must be ready to comply with the rules and regulations of the country;
3.Applicants must have a genuine reason for wishing to stay in the country for the desire period of time;
4.Applicant must not stay in the country beyond validity of certificate;
5.Ensure that a receipt is issued for any payments made;
Full names, Nationality Date place of birth Movement certificate,
Need for the Document
Movement certificates are usually issued to allow a foreigner stay and move free in a given country. The movement certificates are also known as residence certificates and are usually issued to foreigner who enter a country and would wish to stay for a given period of time. The most common movement certificate in Kenya is the Temporary Resident Permit issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs.