In Kenyas to pay NSSF and NHIF contributions will attest that everything is much easier if you can do it all from your phone and thanks to M-PESA, this is all possible. For the longest while, only NHIF contributions could be remitted through M-PESA, while NSSF contributions could only be paid through the traditional banking methods, until recently when NSSF partnered with Safaricom to enable M-PESA payments.
NSSF, the National Social Security Fund is a compulsory retirement-based scheme where members contribute a certain amount of money every month, based on their income level, and at retirement, the accumulated fund is availed to them as a retirement benefit.
How to Pay NSSF Contributions via Mpesa
1. Go to your Mpesa Menu
2. Select Lipa Na Mpesa
3. Select PayBill
4. Enter 333300 as the business number
5.Enter your 9 digit NSSF number as the account number
6. Enter the amount you want to pay – Between Ksh 200 and 70,000.
7.Enter your Mpesa pin and press OK
8. You will receive a transaction confirmation message from Mpesa that your contribution has been sent to NSSF.
For any questions regarding your NSSF contributions, call their customer care service via 0722-204192, 0734-333238 or contact them on social media using the links below:
Facebook: NSSF Kenya
Paying NHIF via M-PESA
- Open M-PESA, go to Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill option
- Enter Paybill number: 200 222
- Enter Account number: Your national ID and then add the letter Y at the end i.e 12345678Y
- Input amount due and complete the transaction