Google Chrome on iPhone & iPad To make sure you’re protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different. More people use Google Chrome to navigate the web than competing web browsers, like Safari, Edge or Firefox. Along with the conveniences of Google’s search engine, Chrome provides internet goers with a clean interface, fast speeds and crucial security features.
Get a Chrome update when available
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Apple App Store settings. You can check if there’s a new version available:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile .
- Scroll down to “Available Updates,” and search for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
If you don’t have the Google Chrome app yet, download it from the App Store.
- Make sure automatic app updates are enabled on your iPhone or iPad if you don’t want to manually update Chrome.
- To do so, open Settings, select your Apple ID and tap iTunes and App Store.
- At the bottom of the Automatic Downloads list, move the slider next to Updates to the right. Once you’ve enabled this setting, new versions of apps on your device will automatically download when available.
- To manually check for an update, open the App Store on your iPad or iPhone.
- Select Updates from the bottom and search for the Chrome logo in the pending updates.
- Tap update to install and enter your Apple ID and password.
Get design features and new features early
Features not available on iPhone or iPad
- Having problems updating? Check our troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Google Chrome uses a process called Google Update to check for updates. Learn more about how Google Update works.
- Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might choose whether you can update Chrome, in which case you won’t see an option to update Chrome. Learn how to use a managed Chrome device.