- 0.1 You May also Like
- 0.2 Twitter Permanently Suspends Trump
- 0.3 Former Chief Justice Evan Gicheru dies
- 1 Stick with us for all the build-up and score updates LIVE from Old Trafford. Manchester United vs West Ham
- 22.214.171.124.1 FULL-TIME: Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
- 126.96.36.199.2 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (90+3 mins)
- 188.8.131.52.3 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (90 mins)
- 184.108.40.206.4 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (81 mins)
- 220.127.116.11.5 Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:
- 18.104.22.168.6 SUB Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (78 mins)
- 22.214.171.124.7 SUB Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (75 mins)
- 126.96.36.199.8 Premier League pundit Michael Owen:
- 188.8.131.52.9 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (70 mins)
- 184.108.40.206.10 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (68 mins)
- 220.127.116.11.11 TEAM NEWS – Liverpool v Chelsea (2015 BST)
- 18.104.22.168.12 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (62 mins)
- 22.214.171.124.13 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (61 mins)
- 126.96.36.199.14 Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (57 mins)
- 188.8.131.52.15 Man Utd 0-1 West Ham (46 mins)
- 184.108.40.206.16 Premier League pundit Joe Cole:
- 220.127.116.11.17 Nicholas Boonstra emails firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 18.104.22.168.18 Premier League pundit Michael Owen:
- 22.214.171.124.19 FPL BONUS POINTS AS IT STANDS
- 126.96.36.199.20 HALF-TIME: Man Utd 0-1 West Ham
- 188.8.131.52.21 GOAL! Man Utd 0-1 West Ham (Antonio, 45+2 mins)
- 184.108.40.206.22 Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:
- 220.127.116.11.23 Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (37 mins)
- 18.104.22.168.24 Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (11 mins)
- 22.214.171.124.25 Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (9 mins)
- 126.96.36.199.26 Premier League pundit Joe Cole:
- 188.8.131.52.27 David on the verge 📄
- 184.108.40.206.28 Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer:
- 1.1 How it stands
- 1.2 WEST HAM LINE-UP
Manchester United vs West Ham LIVE! Manchester United will be looking to bounce back from their FA Cup heartbreak at the weekend when they welcome West Ham to Old Trafford on Wednesday evening.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Red Devils host West Ham knowing a win would see them take a massive step towards a Premier League top-four finish – and Champions League qualification.
A victory over David Moyes’ Hammers would sent United three points above Leicester City before the Red Devils face the Foxes on the final day of the season – and David de Gea starts at Old Trafford.
Meanwhile, West Ham are all but safe from relegation, and only a catastrophic swing in goal difference would bring trouble to their door again.
Stick with us for all the build-up and score updates LIVE from Old Trafford. Manchester United vs West Ham
FULL-TIME: Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
A well-earned point for the Hammers which leaves Man Utd with A LOT to play for at the King Power on Sunday.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (90+3 mins)
West Ham happy to see this out now, knocking the ball about without much purpose. A lot of tired legs out there on both sides.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (90 mins)
Four more minutes in store at Old Trafford. Andriy Yarmolenko replaces the impressive Jarrod Bowen.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (81 mins)
Bruno Fernandes is booked for leaning his head into Mark Noble – VAR checks for violent conduct and agrees that a yellow is correct. Arthur Masuaku also cautioned.
Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:
“Of all the teams down the bottom, West Ham have got the best squad. They’ve been poor at times this season, but when they’ve had to, they’ve stepped up and Antonio’s goals have been a real bonus. They’ve played well second half; since United scored, West Ham have been the better team. They’ve had more attempts than the home team, and that indicates they’ve been very positive.”
SUB Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (78 mins)
Goalscorer Michail Antonio makes way for Sebastien Haller up top.
SUB Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (75 mins)
Aaron Cresswell trudges off with an injury and is replaced by Arthur Masuaku
Premier League pundit Michael Owen:
“Mason Greenwood is a fantastic player. No backlift, lots of power, and he can work in those little spaces. That’s the new Manchester United; not so much of a counter-attacking team.”
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (70 mins)
Marcus Rashford is booked for a cynical challenge on Jarrod Bowen.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (68 mins)
Sheesh. Declan Rice could’ve taken another arm off here (if it caught one). He is given room just outside the penalty area and shifts the ball onto his right foot before unleashing a fierce effort towards the top right corner, with the ball just whistling past the upright.
TEAM NEWS – Liverpool v Chelsea (2015 BST)
We’ll bring you the full team news at the conclusion of this one, but Liverpool field their usual line-up tonight, with Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino all starting. Christian Pulisic is on the bench for Chelsea; Olivier Giroud starts up front.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (62 mins)
SAVE! West Ham almost regain their lead through Jarrod Bowen. The January signing is free on the right and shuffles to find himself an inch of room on Brandon Williams before unleashing a powerful shot at David de Gea. The effort is just above the Utd ‘keeper, who is able to touch it over for a corner.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (61 mins)
Paul Pogba drives a long-range effort high and wide. Hasn’t been his day so far.
Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (57 mins)
That Mason Greenwood goal has certainly spurred on Man Utd, who were in desperate search of a way through West Ham’s defence. They have remained on the front foot confidently but have not opened up the Hammers again.
- 21:08GOAL! Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (Greenwood, 51 mins) Manchester United vs West Ham
- 21:07Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:”It’s no time to dwell on the incident that separates the two teams; Manchester United had a few things to sort out. This is a big half for Manchester United; they’ve been in good form in the league recently but everything comes down to this 45 minutes now. They’ve got to get it right.”
Man Utd 0-1 West Ham (46 mins)
Aaron Wan-Bissaka comes on for Timothy Fosu-Mensah at half-time. A big 45 mins beckon…
Premier League pundit Joe Cole:
“Antonio’s got massive respect within the squad because of the job he does to hold the line. West Ham drop into shape, and he runs the channels. He’s full of confidence and it’s a lovely penalty; he waits for De Gea and sends him the wrong way. Everything West Ham do well is going through him.”
Nicholas Boonstra emails email@example.com:
“Come on you Irons!!! ⚒ Way to soak up the pressure and take the momentum into the break. 👀”
Premier League pundit Michael Owen:
“West Ham have defended well, got numbers behind the ball and looked to hit on the break. When you play like that set pieces are always going to play a part and they got the free-kick – then the game changed in the blink of an eye.”
FPL BONUS POINTS AS IT STANDS
3 – Antonio
2 – Rice
1 – Lindelof
HALF-TIME: Man Utd 0-1 West Ham
That Michail Antonio penalty puts West Ham 1-0 up heading into the break. A lot to do for Man Utd…
GOAL! Man Utd 0-1 West Ham (Antonio, 45+2 mins)
Michail Antonio steps up from 12 yards and slots the ball calmly to the right side of the goal.
- 20:46PENALTY to West Ham…VAR overturns the decision. Penalty to West Ham for a Paul Pogba handball.
Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:
“That’s handball – that’s a penalty. Put your head on that, don’t duck out and throw your arms in the air. It didn’t look like Pogba was ready to react, unaware that the shot was on its way. Good penalty, short run-up but he was very confident in what he was trying to do and nice and coolly slotted past the goalkeeper.”
- 20:46Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (45+1 mins)Declan Rice absolutely fires a free-kick at goal and it seemingly hits Paul Pogba in the face. However, on second glance, it seems Pogba may have stopped the ball with his flailing arms. VAR checking.
- 20:45Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:”Antonio bundled into the back of Lindelof; it might well have been a bit of a shove and it comes off Lindelof’s shoulder and Antonio’s arm, so I don’t think it would have counted, but it’s the right idea – get the ball out wide and don’t delay, get it in the box.”
- 20:40Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (40 mins)CHANCE! Brandon Williams races down the inside left and cuts back, leaving Jarrod Bowen for dead. His right-footed cross then falls to Mason Greenwood who swings a boot at it but the contact is nullified by a West Ham body.
- 20:39Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:”Good from Rashford – that’s one of his real strengths. Given time he can hit them, he hits it hard with plenty of dip on it as well. Fabianski taking no chances; it was dipping an awful lot.”
Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (37 mins)
Man Utd have lacked incision so far and that’s the case again as they fail to make it through the wall of white shirts in West Ham’s final third. David Moyes has set his men up well. Marcus Rashford tests Lukasz Fabianski with a swerving effort from range.
- Need to up the pace:
- 20:32Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (32 mins)Man Utd switch off from a corner and Jarrod Bowen is able to receive short pass from Mark Noble, before bending in a ball which Angelo Ogbonna reaches. The Italian can only engineer a glancing effort, though, and it is well off target.
- 20:30Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (30 mins)West Ham just coming into the game a bit more since the swigs from their bottles. The rare period of possession has not borne any fruit as yet but Michail Antonio is certainly proving a handful up top, where he’s drifting from left to right as he wishes.
- 20:28Premier League pundit Michael Owen:”In general Manchester United have dominated; they’ve had the lion’s share of possession and shots, but they need to step it up a bit.”
- 20:26LONE FURROW – Antonio asks questions of Man Utd defence
- 20:24Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (24 mins)As we head into the drinks break, remember to get in touch with your thoughts, predictions, general life grievances at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 20:22Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (22 mins)The first corner of the game gives another glimpse into the trouble West Ham can cause from dead-ball situations. Jarrod Bowen curls in a teasing cross from the far right and Harry Maguire is just about able to clear in and around the six-yard box.
- 20:19Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (18 mins)Man Utd are still well in control but are finding no answer at the sturdy door at which they are knocking. Some long balls over the top have come to nothing and Anthony Martial sums up the building frustration by smacking a long-range effort into the stands.
Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (11 mins)
Aaron Cresswell whips in a menacing free-kick from the left edge of the penalty area after Michail Antonio is fouled. Man Utd defenders opt to leave it – presumably at the prompt request of David de Gea – and their bravery is rewarded with the ball whizzing out of danger.
Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (9 mins)
Man Utd continuing to dominate possession in the early stages. Brandon Williams and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are also committing forward in attacks. There was a good foot race between Williams and Jarrod Bowen not long ago which the former just about won, earning a throw-in.
- Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (3 mins)SAVE! Bruno Fernandes slides in Anthony Martial down the inside right and the Frenchman hits a low strike across Lukasz Fabianski, who gets down to his left and parries to safety.
- 20:03Premier League pundit Andy Townsend:”It’s an important game for United, this – they were humbled a little bit by Chelsea in the cup, ended that long run and it’s time to get on another one. Lots of ammunition United have at their disposal this season, and West Ham will have to be at their absolute best defensively to deny them.”
- 20:02Man Utd 0-0 West Ham (2 mins)United start brightly, dominating possession and moving it quickly from flank to flank through Paul Pogba. West Ham get their first touch of the ball when Marcus Rashford strays offside.
- 20:00KICK-OFF: Man Utd 0-0 West HamAnd we’re off at Old Trafford, with West Ham attacking the Stretford End in the first half.
Premier League pundit Joe Cole:
“If David [Moyes] can get hold of the club, like Everton, and bring in the right characters, the fans will get behind him. The West Ham punters like David Moyes and that goes a long way at a club like this. He’s a bit like Jurgen Klopp – he’s honest. I’m really impressed with that he’s done there.”
Kick-off L O A D I N G 🔄
- West Ham manager David Moyes:”We’re not safe yet, we’ll have to make sure we get over the line. We’re in a good position, the players have done well. We’ve scored goals, defended better in the last few games but the big difference is we’ve made and taken our chances. It’s probably going to go to the last day, and we expected that but if we win one of our last two games, that’ll keep us up”
- 19:48Man Utd midfielder Bruno Fernandes:”You never prepare to lose games but it happens sometimes. Now we must show that we want to qualify for the Champions League and set ourselves up for next season.”
- 19:45Historic double? ⚒️West Ham are looking to complete their first league double over Manchester United since 2006/07, following their 2-0 win at the London Stadium in September.
- 19:42Napoleon Yorke-Andrew emails email@example.com:”Please Manchester United let get top four tonight by beating the hammers.Come on United, let do this.”
David on the verge 📄
David de Gea needs one more clean sheet to surpass Peter Schmeichel’s 112 Premier League shutouts for Manchester United; should he do so, he will have the most clean sheets of any goalkeeper for the club in the competition.
Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer:
How it stands
If United avoid defeat they will go fourth ahead of the final day trip to face Leicester. A big win could all but assure them of Champions League football, while two draws would be enough from the final two matches.
WEST HAM LINE-UP
West Ham team news Manchester United vs West Ham
Starting XI:Fabianski, Johnson, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Soucek, Rice, Bowen, Noble, Fornals, Antonio
Subs:Balbuena, Yarmolenko, Felipe Anderson, Lanzini, Wilshere, Haller, Masuaku, Randolph, Coventry
MAN UTD LINE-UP
De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Lindelof, Maguire, Williams, Matic, Pogba, Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial.
Subs: Romero, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Fred, James, Lingard, Mata, McTominay, Ighalo.
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the final instalment of the penultimate Premier League matchweek this season. If that was confusing then tonight’s script is simple enough. Two clashes at the top end of the table with rather large ramifications riding on the outcomes of both 90 minutes. How exciting…