- 1 You May also Like
- 2 STEPS TO GET DIAMOND MARK PERMIT IN KENYA
- 3 How to Obtain a Diamond Export Permit in Kenya
The Pest Control Products Board is a Statutory organization of Kenya Government established under an Act of parliament, the Pest Control Products Act, Cap 346, Laws of Kenya of 1982 to regulate the importation and exportation, manufacture, distribution and use of pest control products. Premises Licence for Handling pesticides in Kenya
Procedure on How to Apply for a Premises Licence for Handling pesticides in Kenya
An application for a Premises licence under the Regulations shall fill an application of form A in the Schedule and shall, on request, supply ay further information which may be required by the board.
An applicant for a Premises licence shall, or request by the Board,supply any information that may be required for the purposes of the Regulations.
Every licence issued under these Regulations shall be in Form 8 of the application form, and shall expire on the 31stDecember next following the date of issue.
- No person to whom a licence has been issued under these Regulations shall lend, hire, sell transfer or otherwise dispose of that licence without the approval of the Board, which approval shall be endorsed on the licence.
- No licence shall be transferred from the premises in respect of which it was issued.
- All premises used for the manufacturing and formulating of pest control products shall be in a suitable design, layout and construction to ensure the health of workers and to avoid contamination of the environment before the licence is granted. Licence for Handling pesticides in Kenya
Before the board issues out the Premises licences the following must be put into consideration
- The premise must have sufficient space for the placement of equipment and storage of materials which is necessary for the health of workers and operators;
- The premise must have separate areas, either by partition, location or other effective means, for those operations which do not require workers to be exposed to pest control products.
- Every person who owns, operates or is in charge of premises used for the manufacturing, formulating and packaging of pest control products shall ensure that during the operations-
(i) the persons working in the premises wear adequate protective clothing;(ii) the premises are well supplied with first-aid facilities to the satisfaction of the Board to cater for accidental poisoning(iii)the general health of the persons working on the premises is adequately catered for; and(iv)the quality of the products are within the prescribed limits.
Every person who owns, operates or is in charge of- (i)a premises in which the manufacturing, formulating and packaging of a pest control product is undertaken shall have adequate knowledge of the chemistry, toxicology, efficacy and general use on the product being dealt with to the satisfaction of the Board;
(ii) pest control product stores and other dispensing premises shall have adequate knowledge of the chemistry, toxicology,efficacy and general use of the products within the premises.Note
The Premises licence is not transferable to any other person without the approval of the Board.
- pesticide legislation document
- Occupational safety document
- certificate of competence
- registration certificate
- Remittance fee
- Name of applicant/
- Full names of partners and/or directors (where applicable)
- Nature of occupation for which a licence is required.
- Owner of premises
Office Locations & Contacts
The Managing Director
Pest Control Products Board
P.O. Box 13794, Westlands – 00800
Tel: 254-020 4446115/4450242
Fax: 254-020 4449072
Website: http://www.pcpb.or.keThe Registrar of Pharmacy and Poisons Board
P.O. Box 27663 00506 Nairobi,
Lenana Road Opp. DODTelephone
+254 702 475 824 (6am-10pm) Online Licensing
+254 702 475 845 (8am-5pm) Online Licensing
+254 702 475 837 (8am-5pm) Online Licensing
+254 702 475 842 (8am-5pm) Online Licensing
+254 702 475 801 (8am-5pm) Online Licensing
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacy Questions: email@example.com
Report a Medicine Problem: firstname.lastname@example.org
About this website: email@example.com
All agencies owning premises dealing in insecticides and pesticides activities in Kenya are eligible for the premises licence.
Documents to Use
- Any applicant who is not residing in Kenya- can Appoint local agent.
- Incomplete application shall be rejected
- The owner of the premises must indicate what type of pesticide product is stored or manufactured at the premises.
- The ingredient statement must include both the active and inert ingredients in the product.
- indicate the products toxicity from a single dose for personal hygiene.
- All pesticide labels must have a section to let you know how to properly store and dispose of the product.
- Full Business name
- Valid identity proof
- Present Address
- Telephone number
- Emergency contact person.
- List your employers for the last three years
- a. Company Name
- b. Address c.
- Telephone Number
Need for the Document
There are specific requirements to be met by premises handling pesticides so as to be licensed. These are outlined under Legal Notice (L.N) 145 /1984 CAP 346 Laws Of Kenya.The regulations may be cited as the Pest Control Products(Licensing of Premises) Regulations The Inspection exercise checks whether the Law has been followed by dealers. No person shall use any premises, or being the owner or occupier thereof permit or allow the premises to be used, for the purposes of manufacturing, formulating, packaging, selling or storing,pest control products unless that person is in possession of a licence issued under the Regulations in respect of those premises.