- 1 You May also Like
- 2 How to Obtain a Certificate of Movement in Kenya
- 3 License application to Make a Film /Take Commercial Still Photograph in Kenya
Procedure for applying a Temporary Movement Permit in Kenya Once Logged in, Select Department of Immigration services. Select Make Application. Click the plus sign on Temporary Permit Tab. Select the application for Temporary Permit FOR ADULT or Temporary Permit FOR CHILDREN, read the Instructions Carefully and click on the Apply Now button.
- The temporary movement permit allows one to travel within East African countries. i.e. ( Uganda, Tanzania, Southern Sudan , Burundi, Rwanda )
Apply Online – Temporary Movement Permit in Kenya
- The first step is to register on eCitizen through the following link eCitizen Online Platform. Click on create account then click on the create an Account icon under the eVisa tab.
- You will need to fill in your personal information so to register for an eCitizen account. This includes your Passport number, Name, Email address and nationality to complete the registration.
- Once you have registered you will then need to login to your eCitizen account and navigate to Department of Immigration Services and then submit application.
- Click on Get service now, then select the Blue button Make Application on the next window.
- Click on the Plus (+) sign on the Temporary Permit Tab and select
(ii) Apply for a Temporary Permit FOR CHILDREN
depending on the nature of application.
- Read the instructions carefully; make sure you have all the requirements to make the application and then click on the Apply Now button which will direct you to the online application form.
- Fill in the online application form with all the required details and upload supporting documents. These details include:-
(i) Date of birth
(ii) Birth certificate number (for Children)
(v) Reason for travel ( Business / Educational/Academic / Hajj / Leisure/ Medical / Meeting/ Official/ Settlement/ Sports / Training / Transporter / Visit / Work )
(vi) Phone number
(vii) Country of destination
(viii) Postal Address
(ix) Physical address
(xi) Next of Kin details ( Name / Relationship/ Phone number)
(xii) Parents details (for Children)
then click continue.
- This will direct you to the next page where you are to review your entry details. If everything is in order Click Submit button to finish.
- This will direct you to the next page where you are supposed to make payment for the Temporary Permit for an Adult/ Child application. Make your payment using the provided payment methods and click on the submit button. A fee of Ksh 350 is charged for the temporary permit.
- Once you have made the payments you will receive a notification of payment invoice in your email address confirming payment.
- Print two copies of the payment invoice and download and print two copies of the temporary permit. Stick a quality passport photo on the temporary permit form.
- Present the Temporary permit with an original National ID/ Birth certificate to an immigration officer at the port of entry and exit
Required Documents – Temporary Movement Permit in Kenya
- Original national identification card and its photocopy (for Adults)
- Birth Certificate and its copy for those under 18 years (for children)
- Two coloured passport-sized photos
- Two copies of e-Citizen payment invoice
- Two copies of the temporary permit application.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Immigration Services
Passport Section Ground Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/ Uhuru Highway
P.O. Box 30191, 00100 Nairobi. Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544,+254-20-2218833
Website: Department of Immigration Website
Mombasa-Immigration Department Office
PC’s Office Building
Kisumu-Immigration Department Office
New Provincial Headquarters
Eligibility – Temporary Movement Permit in Kenya
- Kenyans (Adults and Children) wishing to travel within East African countries are eligible to make the application.
- A fees of Ksh.350 is charged for the permit.
- The validity period is 30 days from the date of issue.
Documents to Use
- Applications are done online though the eCitizen -Department of Immigration Services
- The processing time is immediate.
- Click register on E-Citizen online platform.
- Select Register as a Visitor.
- Once Logged in, Select Department of Immigration services.
- Select Make Application.
- Click the plus sign on Temporary Permit Tab.
- Select the application for Temporary Permit FOR ADULT or Temporary Permit FOR CHILDREN, read the Instructions Carefully and click on the Apply Now button.
- Fill in the application form, upload supporting documents, review your entry then click submit.
- Make payment for the a Temporary Permit using either Mpesa, Airtel Money, Eazzy Pay , Visa Card, MasterCard and/ or other Debit Cards.
- Download and print two copies of the temporary permit and payment invoice.
- Stick your photo on the permit.
- Present the Temporary permit with an original National ID to an immigration officer at the port of entry and exit
- Date of birth
- Reason for travel ( Business / Educational/Academic / Hajj / Leisure/ Medical / Meeting/ Official/ Settlement/ Sports / Training / Transporter / Visit / Work )
- Phone number
- Country of destination
- Physical address
- Next of Kin details ( Name / Relationship/ Phone number)
Need for the Document
- The temporary movement permit allows one to move within East African countries temporarily without a passport.
Information which might help
- All incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The processing fee is non-refundable.
- Providing false information is an offence and will make your temporary permit invalid.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
- In the event of lapse during payment please do not re-apply, contact the administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photography Guidelines
- How to apply for a temporary permit procedure
- EAC rules and regulations on short-term/temporary supply or provision of services, movement of persons/people and workers
- A citizen of any EAC Partner State can enter and remain in another EAC Partner State without a visa only for reasons of visiting, seeking medical treatment, traveling to another country, undertaking studies or any other lawful reason for a period of up to 6 months with a possibility of renewal.
- It is important to note, that a person entering an EAC Partner State for reason of employment or work is NOT covered under this provisions and therefore different requirements apply for work permits.